New Member Looking For...

  • Wayne Duesterbeck
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2005
      Hello!

      I have been searching my Prussian roots (Pomerania) for about 24
      years with moderate success. The main ancestor line is Düsterbeck. I
      have found my Great Grandfather's line from Neu Damerow, Saatzig,
      Pommern back into the mid 1700s_All in the same village. There is a
      possibility that they took their name from the village of Düsterbeck
      which is not far from Neu Damerow.

      There was a distant cousin Düsterbeck living in Berlin at
      Düntherstrasse, L.I., Steglitz Berlin on May 5th, 1923. He refers to
      cousins living in Alt Damerow at that time. This is from a letter to
      my Great Uncle.

      Another line with which I have had some success in the Runge family
      of my paternal Grandmother. They came from Werbig bei Seelow,
      Brandenburg. I have this family connected abock to the late 1700s.

      My lack of success comes with my paternal Great Grandmother's
      family. The Grassnickel's came from somewhere in Brandenberg. GG
      Martin's oldest son came to Watertown in 1855. The rest of the
      family came later & settled in Dodge County, WI. I have some
      information on them from after they landed in NY, but none prior to
      that time.

      If this sparks any response and/or interest, I will gladly supply
      what information I have. Any help/advice/information will be greatly
      appreciated.

      Later!

      Wayne