Re: [Prussian Genealogy] Re: KENIGINBERG

  • Teshuvah
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2004
      Thank you for the information. It has put me onto a lead. Do you think it is possible that the name keniginberg/Koniginberg could have previously been spelled
      Konigsberg or Koenigsberg???

      I have found that this is an East Prussian name (which is where my GGGrandmother was from) and that many with that name emigrated to California which is where she emigrated to and produced my GGrandmother and Grandmother and Mother.

      Thank you in advance for helping me :>)
      Eliavah
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2004
        Hello Eliavah,
        Königsberg was the main city of East Prussia. As a result of WWII it
        belongs to Russia and the name is Kaliningrad. If your gggmother is
        born in East Prussia it could be that her maiden name is Königsberg.
        "Kenigin" is ths East Prussian dialect for "Königin".

        Best regards from the cold germany
        Mechthild

        --- In prussiangenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Teshuvah" <teshuvah@c...>

        Service.

      • Teshuvah
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 7, 2004
          Mechthild,

          Thank you so much for your help. You have got me over a hurdle and I am back on my way to finding out more!!

          wrote:
          > Thank you for the information. It has put me onto a lead. Do you
          think it is possible that the name keniginberg/Koniginberg could have
          previously been spelled
          > Konigsberg or Koenigsberg???
          >
          > I have found that this is an East Prussian name (which is where my
          GGGrandmother was from) and that many with that name emigrated to
          California which is where she emigrated to and produced my
          GGrandmother and Grandmother and Mother.

          > Thank you in advance for helping me :>)
          > Eliavah

          Service.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor