KENIGINBERG

  • Eliavah Yochanah
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2004
      Hello...I am doing ancestry research..I found out that my great
      great grandmother (whose married name was Mary/Marie/Maria
      Krauser/Kramer and lived in California) was born in Prussia as well
      as her parents. I found one certain death certificate of her child
      which shows her maiden name as KENIGINBERG...however, upon doing any
      type of search on this name (including a generic yahoo search, I
      come up with ZERO.

      Does anyone on this list know if this was a Prussian surname or not?
      Or if perhaps it was a name that was commonly changed to another
      name??

      Thank for any info you can give me.

      Eliavah
    • meggi260354
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2004
        Hello Eliavah,

        I am living in germany and I think the name "Keniginberg" was in
        germany "Königinberg". I think they changed the german "Umlaut -ö- in
        e".
        The translation for Königin is queen and berg means montain.

        Best regards from germany and have a nice sunday
        Mechthild

        --- In prussiangenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Eliavah Yochanah"