Researching Schley

  • Schley, Anne
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2004
      Hello everyone,

      I'm a new member from Holland and I'm researching my husbands family tree.
      His great-grandfather Wilhelm Schley was married to Emilia Kriedemann.
      In the period 1890 to 1896 they lived in Schwarzenbek, Germany where their 5 children : Hilda Dora Caroline, Otto Karl Wilhelm (my husbands grandfather), Bruno Richard Arthur, Alfred Richard Oskar and Agnes Elise Mathilde, were born.
      At some time after that they moved to Memel, East-Prussia, which is now Klaipeda, Lithuania.
      I'm in the proces of getting the marriage certificate of Bruno and the death certificate of Oskar, from the Lithuanian Historical Archives in Vilnius.

      I'm looking for any descendants of these people.

      Secondly I'm trying to make a link to the famous American Admiral Winfield Scott Schley, who my deceased father in law claimed to be related to.

      Thanks very much in advance,
      Anne Schley,
      The Netherlands