Re: [Prussian Genealogy] English speaking contacts in Germany

  • Inga Karlsson
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2004
      http://www.genealogienetz.de/reg/WPRU/wprus.html

      http://www.castlesofpoland.com/prusy/links_en.htm

      http://maxpages.com/poland/Prussian_Research (very good)

      regards, Inga

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Richard" <rlschmelke@...>
      To: <prussiangenealogy@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 8:14 PM
      Subject: [Prussian Genealogy] English speaking contacts in Germany

      > While on a business trip to Germany my brother met some people who
      > were familar with our family name and informed him that our family
      > originally came from Prussia. I've had little success using
      > ancestry.com, to say nothing of the expense of belonging, in tracking
      > my ancestors. Does anyone know of a "english friendly" website or
      > organization that I might contact to find out how to go about getting
      > information on my family? Thank you.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      ---
    • TOM WILKIE
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2004
        My family name is Wilkie, formerly Wilke, from W. Prussia, near Gdansk, Krakau or Danzig. My grandfather arrived in New York City, U.S.A. sometime after the first World War. It has been told to me that my Great Grandfather was a German General under the
        Kaiser & was called Heinrich Von Wilkie. Can you tell me anything about this ?/

        Thomas Wilkie

        Inga Karlsson <ingaka@...> wrote:
        http://www.genealogienetz.de/reg/WPRU/wprus.html

        http://www.castlesofpoland.com/prusy/links_en.htm

        http://maxpages.com/poland/Prussian_Research (very good)

        regards, Inga

        > While on a business trip to Germany my brother met some people who
        > were familar with our family name and informed him that our family
        > originally came from Prussia. I've had little success using
        > ancestry.com, to say nothing of the expense of belonging, in tracking
        > my ancestors. Does anyone know of a "english friendly" website or
        > organization that I might contact to find out how to go about getting
        > information on my family? Thank you.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        ---

        Yahoo! Groups Links