English speaking contacts in Germany

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2004
      While on a business trip to Germany my brother met some people who
      were familar with our family name and informed him that our family
      originally came from Prussia. I've had little success using
      ancestry.com, to say nothing of the expense of belonging, in tracking
      my ancestors. Does anyone know of a "english friendly" website or
      organization that I might contact to find out how to go about getting
      information on my family? Thank you.
    • M L
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 14, 2004
        I found a professional genealogist in germany who can help you with anything you want to know it seems......his services do cost though.......here is his email address:
        Rolgeiger@...

        And here is a link to his website:
        http://www.genealogy-germany.de

        He is very sweet and friendly.....loves genealogy and is in germany and speaks english.

        Good Luck.
        Richard <rlschmelke@...> wrote:
        While on a business trip to Germany my brother met some people who
        were familar with our family name and informed him that our family
        originally came from Prussia. I've had little success using
        ancestry.com, to say nothing of the expense of belonging, in tracking
        my ancestors. Does anyone know of a "english friendly" website or
        organization that I might contact to find out how to go about getting
        information on my family? Thank you.

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT