Re: mischke/janke families to canada 1860s klein tromnau

  • ldydragonslair
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 23, 2003
      --- In prussiangenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "mnsr" <mnsr@y...> wrote:
      > Hi:
      > Wie gehts? My family is from Klein Tromnau, a number of families
      > went down to the river and then took a boat to the sea where they
      > used false names to go on board, because of fear of the King, and
      > then they took the eleven week sailboat ride to North America,
      > coming to Guelph, Ontario, Canada, and then later to
      > Williamsford,Sullivan Township, Grey County. This took place I
      think
      > in the early 1860s.
      >
      > I understand there are Mischke and Janke families in the area still.
      > I am interested....Maurice Robinson, P.O. Box 592, Pickering,
      > Ontario, Canada, L1V3T3 mnsr@y...

      I saw your post here and have to say that I too have family from the
      Klein Tromnau area and Posen area that went to Guelph and lived for
      some time before some then went on down into Washington and Oregon.
      I also have a couple of distant family members doing work on the same
      areas. Maybe I/we can help?

      Megan