New Member

  • knwkfw
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 28, 2003
      Hello! I'm Kathy Nitz Westburg and my ancestors came through Ellis
      Island in 1892 from Prussia. The family name is Nitz (Nietz) and My
      great Grandfather Charles (Carl) and his wife Matilda (Mathe) Helmer
      arrive with their two children, Paul and Ida, on the Munchen on
      August 16, 1892. They travelled quickly to Chicago, where less than a
      month later, my Grandfather Otto was born. My goal is to trace them
      to their hometown in Prussia: Risdorf.
      I'll be glad to share what I know if it is of interest of any on this
      message board.

      Thank You.
    • isphording2003
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2003
        Hi.
        I am searching my Isphording roots. Anyone know anything about
        Isphordings from Attendorn? My 3rd great-grandfather Johan Anton
        Isphording left for America around 1836. He changed his first name
        to Anthony when he settled in Philadelphia, Penna, USA.

        Thanks
      • glegiese
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 22 11:03 AM
          I am a new member seeking information on the Heinrich Gieseler
          family. I am certain that they are from Prussia. Heinrich Gieseler
          (b. 1834) married Dora Rhodemann in Prussia and then immigrated to New
          Orleans, LA between 1859 and 1863.

          Glenda