95mischke/janke families to canada 1860s klein tromnau

  • mnsr
    Jul 12, 2003
      Wie gehts? My family is from Klein Tromnau, a number of families
      went down to the river and then took a boat to the sea where they
      used false names to go on board, because of fear of the King, and
      then they took the eleven week sailboat ride to North America,
      coming to Guelph, Ontario, Canada, and then later to
      Williamsford,Sullivan Township, Grey County. This took place I think
      in the early 1860s.

      I understand there are Mischke and Janke families in the area still.
      I am interested....Maurice Robinson, P.O. Box 592, Pickering,
      Ontario, Canada, L1V3T3 mnsr@...
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic