90Re: [Prussian Genealogy] Lyons from Prussia

  • shari cygan
    Jun 27, 2003
      I found a Max Lyons age 55, wife Francis(?) and family in the 1910 AR census. If you like. I will forward you the census image.

      msmartinstx <msmartinstx@...> wrote:I am trying to find possible places that my Lyons roots may have
      originated. My great-grandfather Max D Lyons was always listed as
      being born in Prussia/Poland/Russia in census records. I have yet to
      discover his parentage or any family members. He married my
      great-grandmother in 1887 in Pulaski County, AR. Census say he
      immigrated ca. 1871. I have yet to find him in 1880. He was Jewish
      and from what I understand, Orthodox.

      Any ideas of what his original name may have been?? Any ideas to
      where he may have been born with the surname Lyons? I could use the
      help! :)

      I am awaiting his death certificate. I am not sure what information
      it will contain since he died in 1922 in Fort Worth, Texas.

      Any help/ideas will be apprciated.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor