71Rhinoprussia

  • lapflash
    Jun 21, 2002
      Hello, I am trying to trace my great grandfather, a Doctor Jacob
      Doetsch. I know that he was born about 1839 and was a young officer
      in the Prussian Army(I have a photo)He migrated to the US sometime
      in the 1860's and was married in Pennsylvania in 1870. Census forms
      show he was from "Rhinoprussia" but, nothing further. I find him in
      the Directory of Deceased American Physicians but no amplifying
      information. He died sometime between 1880-1890 when his widow
      remarried.I also have a picture of Doctor Doetsch's father, complete
      with longcoat and medals but again, no name. I thought that I might
      research Prussian Universities since he was a doctor but, according
      to what I can find out, there were 21 Prussian Universities with
      medical programs in the mid 1850's. Does anyone know where
      Rhinoprussia is and how I might break the code on tracing Dr
      Doetsch's roots ? Thanks, Gordon Fath
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic