      From: Mark Rabideau <genealogy@...>
      To: prussiangenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: jhrabideau@..., becky@...
      Subject: Re: [Prussian Genealogy] Schneider
      Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 15:45:57 -0600
      Mailer: Evolution 2.28.3

      Hi Avis

      I can almost certainly assure you that none of your family or any other
      Germans for that matter are left in the Allenstein area. After WW2 the
      allies ethnically cleansed the East of Germans -expelling some 14
      million and killing approximately 3 million in the expulsion process.

      You can read about it here:
      http://many-roads.com/key-topics/vertriebenen/
      A photo gallery is here: http://many-roads.com/photo-galleries/flucht/

      My mother's family 'expulsion' story along with the stories of numerous
      others are on my website (http://many-roads.com). The German post-WW2
      Expulsion is a part of history that we only very rarely teach or
      discuss.

      As for source historical and genealogical materials, you might find
      these useful:

      http://many-roads.com/libraries/prussia-histories/

      Have a wonderful holiday.

      Visit us at: http://many-roads.com
      Snail mail at: 711 Nob Hill Trail - Franktown,CO USA - 80116-8717
      “May you have the hindsight to know where you've been; the foresight to
      know where you are going; and the insight to know when you have gone too
      far.”
      -Irish Blessing

      From: Mark Rabideau<mailto:genealogy@...>
      To: