      From: Mark Rabideau<mailto:genealogy@...>
      To: prussiangenealogy@yahoogroups.com<mailto:prussiangenealogy@yahoogroups.com>
      Cc: jhrabideau@...<mailto:jhrabideau@...> ; becky@...<mailto:becky@...>
      Sent: Friday, July 02, 2010 1:55 PM
      Subject: Re: [Prussian Genealogy] Schneider

      Hi Avis

      Loetzen seems to have been a town near the former Allenstein in East
      Prussia (Allenstein, Ostpreussen)-- now in Poland. see:
      http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreis_Allenstein<http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreis_Allenstein>

      Of the names you have Rudolf is the correct traditional German
      spelling... Amelia/Emelia is not a very common German female name-
      perhaps she Americanized it? I'd use LDS Church records to see if you
      can find the Loetzen Church (probably Catholic is the best place to
      start).

      Good luck!

      Visit us at: http://many-roads.com<http://many-roads.com/>
      Snail mail at: 711 Nob Hill Trail - Franktown,CO USA - 80116-8717
      “May you have the hindsight to know where you've been; the foresight to
      know where you are going; and the insight to know when you have gone too
      far.”
      -Irish Blessing