264Re: Lost Platzke family in Prussia prior to 1900

  • desertlily90
    Jan 9, 2008
      Did the Platzkes or Von Hohenfels come to the US? If they did census
      records would be great. Go to a local Family History Center (altho
      connected to the Mormon Church they are helpful to everyone) they
      have records from all over the world.

      What about religious records? If they were Jewish there is a great
      Jewish website. I will have to look it up and get back to you.

      My own g-grandparents were Theodore and Anna (Briese) Scholz from
      Breslau, Silesia, Prussia now Wroclaw, Poland and I have lots of
      questions too.

      --- In prussiangenealogy@yahoogroups.com, tom stehli <stehli04@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello everyone, I am new to the group so any directions or help
      would be greatly appreciated. I am located near Washington, D.C.

      > The reason I have joined is the fact we have no record of our
      Platzke family. A grand father,
      > Hermann Platzke, Born 14 Aug 1880, Danzig, Prussia has no record
      of parents or any family in the area that we can locate. There is a
      story that he was given as a baby to an aunt by the name of Platzke
      to save his life. It is believed his parents were jewish, and
      possibly had the name of Von Hohenfels.