234GOHLIKE

  • fry_jackie
    Aug 20, 2006
      I am at the brick wall with this name:GOHLIKE. My great grandfather was
      August Gohlike. I know at some point the name was spelled GOHLKE. When
      and why it changed...I don't know. August came to the USA from Prusssia
      in the late 1860's. First, he lived in Chicago area. He worked until he
      had enough money to bring his brother, Julius, and his mother over.
      Eventually, he ended up in the Faribault, Minnesota area. Married
      Christine Misgen. I know most of the story from there. Any help with
      the Prussian part of this story would help...i.e.who his parents were,
      where exactly he came from, etc.