161Re: KENIGINBERG

  • meggi260354
    Dec 5, 2004
      Hello Eliavah,

      I am living in germany and I think the name "Keniginberg" was in
      germany "Königinberg". I think they changed the german "Umlaut -ö- in
      e".
      The translation for Königin is queen and berg means montain.

      Best regards from germany and have a nice sunday
      Mechthild

      --- In prussiangenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Eliavah Yochanah"
      <teshuvah@c...> wrote:

      > Hello...I am doing ancestry research..I found out that my great
      > great grandmother (whose married name was Mary/Marie/Maria
      > Krauser/Kramer and lived in California) was born in Prussia as well
      > as her parents. I found one certain death certificate of her child
      > which shows her maiden name as KENIGINBERG...however, upon doing any
      > type of search on this name (including a generic yahoo search, I
      > come up with ZERO.
      >
      > Does anyone on this list know if this was a Prussian surname or not?
      > Or if perhaps it was a name that was commonly changed to another
      > name??
      >
      > Thank for any info you can give me.
      >
      > Eliavah
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic