Re: [prpoint] Debate: How to position online companies? - advise needed

  • Omkar Thatte
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2008
      Smita...
      You will also have to implement traditional media initiatives to increase online hits. The question is, hits which can be converted into useful business opportunities.
      For that purpose you will have to go through the traditional segmentation process.

      Omkar

      2008/6/4 Smita Verma <commstratindia1@...>:

      Dear All,

      As we all have seen the drastic shift in the demand for Public Relations because of the high degree of Competition, a lot of enquiries for ONLINE COMPANIES have been flowing in. These online companies, as said, are from various industries including Helath Care, book store etc.

      The issue is how to position such companies and what are the media opportunities available, apart from talking about the trade USPs, and profiling of the spokesperson.  What are the other Visibility opportunities that can be converted into media prospect, which will result in increase in the ONLINE HITS.

      Thanks and Best Regards,
      Smita Verma
      Commstrat
      Bangalore

      --
      Regards
      Omkar - 9890912031
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2008
        Simple..Go offline!! which includes feature stories in
        print & even on the idiot box media, if they ( online
        firms) have strong messages coming across to their
        audiences & not just a news peg!!

        Create thematic representations by OB (i.e. public
        events) to create enough buzz in the market as well as
        dough for news in media circles. But mind on the
        budgets of these online firms since these events shd
        be conceptualized enough for the desired hype. This is
        coz we'r still in nascent stages as in Indian
        subcontinent and far away fm the scenario in europe &
        the United States to be really effective.

        Concepts have enuf media prospects in India!! No
        limits. Positioning will take time and has a time
        frame.
        Best luck
        shrek