7 Tevet

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2012
      Please Say/Whisper the Words out Loud
      In the merit of this learning may Miriam bat Sara be blessed with complete health, happiness and only revealed good.

      The fear of speaking up to people is based on an illusion. What exactly are you afraid of? It is just a fear of minor anxiety. When you realize that nothing very negative will happen when you do speak up, it will make it easier to do so.

      II
      Mentally practice speaking up when you are annoyed. In your mind make images of yourself speaking politely in instances when you presently find it hard. Then role play. Practice speaking up when no one else is in the room. Then practice with a friend. After a number of practices you will find it easier to be assertive in actual situations.

      (The Power of Words by Rabbi Zelig Pliskin)

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 19, 2012
        In the merit of this learning may Yosef Refael ben Yehudis be blessed with an immiedate refuah shleima bitoch she'ar cholei yisrael.

        Words are powerful. We learn what we believe when we hear ourselves speak. So when you feel like you are working on something, especially a difficult characteristic or trait, realize that you already own it, it is in you, you just need to bring it forward. Bring it forward with words. Try it. Trust me.

        II - Example
        You are already the owner of self confidence. Claim your ownership. You don't have to go anywhere to pick it up. It doesn't cost anything. It is in you - in your brain, your mind, your soul. Now say it out loud.
        "I am the owner of tremendous amounts of self confidence. I am self confident. I am continuously gaining a stronger and greater awareness of how easy it is for me to think, feel, speak, and act with self confidence."

        (Self Confidence, Rabbi Zelig Pliskin)