4 Tishrei

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2011
      Please Say/Whisper the Words out Loud
      In the merit of this learning may Leah Yoneehan bat Shifra Nachuma andYitzchak ben Naomi be blessed with complete health, happiness, clarity, spiritual success, shalom bayit, healthy, virtuous children at the right time and only revealed good. May they build together a strong eternal home of Torah, mitzvot and good deeds.

      Every person has two sides: one that seeks love and unity and fosters acts of kindness and sympathy; the other a destructive side which gives in to the urge to condemn, belittle and demean others and hate them for no reason, though we always give ourselves what seems like logical reasons based on superficial things.

      II
      It is as if we all have a bit of the despot in us, thinking we have the right to judge who has worth and significance. The destructive part of us believes we have the right to show disrespect to those who do not meet our standards:
      "S/he is stupid (demanding, pampered, lazy, selfish, sloppy, boring, emotionally unstable, moody, etc.)" - she deserves to be snubbed.
      "S/he is rich (Brilliant, beautiful, even-keeled, calm, popular, and so highly accomplished)" -she deserves my respect.
      "You're not brilliant and studious, so you are nothing. I can treat you like garbage"
      "You are not part of my group, so you don't count.  You are invisible to me."

      (Sticks and Stones by Dr. Miriam Adahn)

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 20, 2012
        In the merit of this learning may Bayla bat Roja Fruma be blessed with an immediate refuah shleima bitoch she'ar cholei yisrael.

        The first step to combating our negative views of another is to realize that with rare exception, every person has people in their life who love them and think well of them. They see attributes in the person that you may not see, or may see but choose to overlook. If you would sincerely like to avoid carrying around a dislike of this person, now is the time to think about those good attributes.

        II
        The second step is to think about the fact that everyone has flaws. Just as you have been focusing on this other person's flaws, others could do the same to you. They could see your hard work as workaholism, your reserve as unfriendliness, your enthusiasm as loudness, your spiritual striving as fanaticism, and so forth. But that is not what you want others to see; rather, you want them to accept you a you are and validate your vision of yourself.

        (Positive Word Power by the Chafetz Chaim Heritage Foundation)

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 7, 2013
          In the merit of this learning may Esther bat Sheina be blessed with an immediate refuah shleima bitoch she'ar cholei yisrael.

          Because we are capable of improving and growing, we should regard those who criticize us fairly and constructively with the same gratitude we feel toward a physician who accurately diagnoses an ailment. Without the diagnosis, we would remain sick and likely grow sicker.

          II
          When someone criticizes you, resist the temptation to point out similar or other flaws in them, whether they exist or not. Instead, ask yourself "Is what s/he is saying true? Is there any validity to the criticism? Can I take what was said and use it to improve myself?"

          (Words that Hurt Words that Heal by Joseph Telushkin)

          Create a wonderful day!