25 Kislev - Happy Chanukah!!!

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2010
      Please Say/Whisper the Words out Loud
      In the merit of this learning may Elisha ben Yehudis be blessed with physical, mental, and spiritual strength and success. May he be blessed with complete health, happiness, and only revealed good.

      We need to be really careful not to downplay a compliment given to someone else. This spreads negativity and can cause shame to the person being spoken about.

      II -Examples
      "I don't now why you are making such a big deal about him! He's just an ordinary person."
      "I can't believe they chose Mrs. X to be the principle of the school. Couldn't they find anyone more suitable than her?
      A respected Rav comes from England to America. When you speak to your relative from England you mention,  "It's s interesting. Here in America nobody makes such a fuss over him."

      (Purity of Speech by C.T. Friedman)

      Have a beautiful, happy, and light-filled Chanukah!!