25 Tishrei

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 2, 2010
      Please Say/Whisper the Words out Loud
      In the merit of this learning may Adina Chaya bat Hadasa Yanka, Sara Tzipporah bat Rivka and Yochanan Aharon ben Rachel each be blessed with physical, emotional, and spiritual health, happiness, and only revealed good. May they each merit an immediate refuah shleima bitoch she'ar cholei yisrael.

      In this past weeks Torah portion, Breishit, we see how most of lifes problems began with negative speech; the snake spoke negatively against Gd, Chava spoke negatively about the snake, Adam spoke negatively about Chava etc.. Notice how even the first case of lashon hara snowballed until there was no one left to blame. Since then, we must work hard for a living, endure pain in childbirth, raise children with dificulties, and have martial discord, all because of negative speech.

      II
      Adam and Chava increased their wrongdoings and punishment by not taking responsibility for their actions. Instead they blamed each other. This problem is prevalent today as well. A large portion of negative speech is caused by the unwillingness of people to take responsibility for thier own actions. Taking responsibility and not blaming others is one of the prerequisites for living in the Garden of Eden.

      (Finding the Right Words by Rosally Saltsman)

      Create a wonderful day!

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 23, 2011
        Please Say/Whisper the Words out Loud
        In the merit of this learning may Yehuda ben Ronit be blesed with an immediate refuah shleima bitoch she'ar cholei yisrael.

        The impulse to put others down in order to give oneself a sense of superiority and power is a "pleasure" which many people find irresistable. In contrast, a spiritually refined person is always sensitive to the feelings of others. Such a person values every individual and does their utmost not to cause pain.

        II
        The laws of painful speech are based on the subjective response of the person you are talking to.

        (Sticks and Stones by Dr. Miriam Adahan and The Power of Words by Rabbi Zelig Pliskin)

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 10, 2012
          In the merit of this learning may Michoel ben Liba be blessed with an immediate refuah shleima bitoch she'ar cholei yisrael.

          The impulse to put others down in order to give oneself a sense of superiority and power is a "pleasure" which many people find irresistible. In contrast, a spiritually refined person is always sensitive to the feelings of others. Such a person values every individual and does their utmost not to cause pain.

          II
          The laws of painful speech are based on the subjective response of the person we are talking to.

          (Sticks and Stones by Dr. Miriam Adahan and The Power of Words by Rabbi Zelig Pliskin)

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 18, 2014
              In the merit of this learning may Nechemia ben Miriam and Yeshayahu ben Miriam each be blessed with an immediate refuah shleima bitoch she'ar cholei yisrael.

[...]

              - Ora

            • protectourspeech