(8 Shevat) Refuah Shleima to Yocheved bat Miriam (*looking for ideas)

  • protectourspeech
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2009
      Please Say/Whisper the Words Out Loud

      Lesson 1
      It is important to be careful not to speak about the negative
      traits/behaviors/nature of one's own children even if it might be age
      appropriate (when it is not for a constructive purpose).

      Lesson 2 -Examples
      "My 15 yr old daughter is so moody lately. She loses her temper at me
      if the house looks messy when her friends come over".

      (Lessons taken from Purity of Speech by C.T. Friedman and Hilchot
      Lashon Hora by the Chafetz Chaim)

      Have an amazing day!
      - Ora
      ---
      Over the course of this email list people have responded to me with
      different suggestions and topics they want discussed. One of the one's
      that has been brought up and I have been thinking about lately is the
      topic of Shmirat Halashon (being careful with speech) and Dating
      (Shidduchim). I am looking for ideas, thoughts, feedback on whether or
      not this is needed and if so, what kind of programs would be good to
      address this need.
      Thanks so much!