18 Shevat

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2010
      Please Say/Whisper the Words out Loud
      In merit of this learning may Deovrah Michaela bat Yosepha Liba and Chava bat Miriam each merit their zivug hagun v'nachon, at the right time with clarity and with joy. May it be an eternal home, with a strong foundation of Torah and Mitzvot.

      If someone asks you specific information about a doctor because they are interested in using that doctor for themselves or their children - then, all the conditions of toelet (speaking negative information for a constructive purpose) must be met.

      II
      In the event that all conditions are met, you may say that you were unhappy with the doctor's treatments. However, try to say the least negative information possible that will cause the person to seek another Dr. Ex. "I don't think this Dr. is for you. You know who I would suggest?..."

      (Lessons taken from Purity of Speech by C.T. Friedman and Hilchot Lashon Hora by the Chafetz Chaim)

      Create a wonderful day!!

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 23, 2011
        Please Say/Whisper the Words out Loud
        In the merit of this learning may Chana bat Bracha and Moshe ben Sarah each be blessed with complete health, happiness, and only revealed good.

        Each time we speak badly of others, it is like killing three people; the person speaking, the person being spoken about, and the person listening.

        I - The person listening.
        According to the Talmud, worse than gossiping is listening to gossip. We all know deep down that, although almost everyone does it, speaking badly about people is wrong. The person we are slicing up is being harmed to no end. Yet, we wonder, why is the passive listener the one who is doing the most harm.
        The answer lies in the word passive.

        II
        Of all three parties, the listener is the only one who has the ability to stop the evil speech in its tracks. The speaker has already made the decision to speak badly. The one being spoken about has no control over the situation. The listener is the only one who has the power to change the course of the conversation, which is why the one is put on the listener.

        (Gossip by Lori Palatnik with Bob Burg)

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 28
              In the merit of this learning may Rafael Uri ben Tamar and Eitan Israel ben Tamar be blessed with an immediate refuah shleima bitoch she'ar cholei yisrael.

              Despite the importance of "love thy neighbor" many times we get caught up in other laws, rituals, or caring for people who are personally removed from us and unfortunately, without realizing what we are doing, we can condemn family members, friends, and strangers. We condemn with our eyes, thoughts, and tongues. Sometimes becoming "condemnaholics" -constantly looking for the bad in everyone at all times.

              II
              Human beings are transmitting stations, sending- and receiving - the most subtle messages. If scorn is expressed, whether to a child or adult, it can cause untold harm for a lifetime. If love, affection, and respect is transmitted, it can cause untold benefits for a lifetime.

              (Sticks and Stones by Miriam Adahan)