28 Tishrei

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2013
      In the merit of this learning may Yuval ben Nurit and Chana Leah bat Sara each be blessed with complete health, happiness, and only revealed good

      When we feel the urge to shame or humiliate another person, we should get in touch with our motivation by asking ourselves, "Why do I want to make that person feel inadequate or inferior? What am I getting out of this?

      II

      We should realize that denigrating others may cause them to lose their self-esteem. This is not only destructiveto them on a personal level, but to society in general. One major result is the breakdown in marriages and other relationships, since people with low self-esteem can experience depression, anxiety, addictions and other painful experiences and behavior.

      (Sticks and Stones by Dr. Miriam Adahan)