26 Tishrei

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29, 2013
      In the merit of this learning may Yeshayahu ben Miriam be blessed with an immediate refuah shleima bitoch she'ar cholei yisrael.

      Before offering to help someone else (i.e. with finding a job, a shidduch, etc) it is important to realistically assess the help you can offer before offering it.

      II
      We need to understand how seriously other people take it when we offer to help and how people trust that every effort is being made. If we offer without really meaning it or intending to follow through, it builds the persons hopes up and carelessly lets them down, making the situation worse.

      (Positive Word Power by Rabbi Zelig Pliskin)