19 Tishrei

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 22, 2013
      In the merit of this learning may Moshe ben Sara be blessed with an immediate refuah shleima bitoch she'ar cholei yisrael

      There are people who offend deliberately. This behavior constitutes emotional abuse. While it would be immature to take every little offense seriously, it is dangerous and immoral to trivialize or ignore the kind of abuse which is aimed at humiliating, dishonoring, and demeaning others. This type of abuse is like a malignancy which will destroy the body if not met with proper, aggressive treatment.

      II
      It is not easy to distinguish the point at which an insensitive remark constitutes abuse. The frequency, intensity, and duration of the attacks must be considered. When the attacks are repeated often enough, the results can be disastrous. Many children's lives are turned into nightmares because of the taunting, teasing and bullying of classmates. Teachers make fun of students; parents criticize incessantly. We are even seeing a rise in elder abuse by adult children and nursing home attendants. This must be examined with utmost seriousness.

      (Sticks and Stones by Dr. Miriam Adahan)

      Create a meaningful day! Chag Sameach!