11 Tishrei

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 15, 2013
      In the merit of this learning may Sara bat Margalit be blessed with complete health, happiness, success, clarity, and only revealed good.

      One of the most serious consequences is the dehumanizing negative evaluations we attach to people when they have been plastered with a negative label. Because we have slapped a label on them, we assume we have identified their essence where in fact have reduced them to a stereotype.

      II
      The power of labels to stigmatize, create self-fulfilling prophecies or reduce or enhance self image is awesome. Until we learn to appreciate the power of language and the importance of using it responsibly, we will continue to produce negative social consequences for those victimized by dangerous language habits.

      (Disability is Natural)

      Create a wonderful day!