27 Elul

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2013
      In the merit of this learning may Yechezkel ben Yocheved be blessed with an immediate refuah shleima bitoch she'ar cholei yisrael.

      People may be able to change how they act, what they think and what they do, but they can never change their lineage, and native origins, customs and language.  To criticize these factors in another person is not only a wasted effort but is also an attack of the most personal kind.

      II
      Calling to the fore misdeeds of someones ancestors or family members also inflicts deep pain on most people. ex: "Maybe if you hadn't grown up like a pauper, you'd know how to handle money" or "what else would i expect from you? You're the son of..."

      (Lessons taken from Positive Word Power by Rabbi Zelig Pliskin)

      Create a wonderful day!

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 21, 2014
        In the merit of this learning may Tzveya Yehudit bat Sara be blessed with an immediate refuah shleima bitoch she'ar cholei yisrael.

        Despite the importance of "love thy neighbor" many times we get caught up in other laws, rituals, or caring for people who are personally removed from us and unfortunately, without realizing what we are doing, we can condemn family members, friends, and strangers. We condemn with our eyes, thoughts, and tongues. Sometimes becoming "condemnaholics" -constantly looking for the bad in everyone at all times.

        II
        Human beings are transmitting stations, sending- and receiving - the most subtle messages. If scorn is expressed, whether to a child or adult, it can cause untold harm for a lifetime. If love, affection, and respect is transmitted, it can cause untold benefits for a lifetime.

        ( Sticks and Stones by Miriam Adahan)