9 Sivan

  • protectourspeech
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2009
      Please Say/Whisper the Words out Loud
      In merit of this learning may Yochanan Aaron ben Rachel be blessed with a zivug hagun v'nachon, at the right time with clarity and with joy. May they be zoche to build an eternal home, with a strong foundation of Torah and Mitzvos.

      We need to be careful not to speak negatively about GROUPS of people - even if we don't specify names of people in the group.

      II - Examples
      "Moroccans are so..."
      "Chassidim are so...."
      "Misnagdim are so...."
      "Ethiopean Jews are so..."
      "Polish Jews are so..."
      "Israeli's are so...."
      "Lubavitchers are so...."
      "Mishichists are so...."

      etc. etc. etc.

      (Lessons taken from Purity of Speech by C.T. Friedman)

      Have a great day!
      Message 2 of 3 , May 29, 2012
        Please Say/Whisper the Words out Loud
        Mazal tov to Rachel Hadassa bat Shoshana and Yosef Shaul ben Tova Henna May you be blessed with health, happiness, peace, love, growth and only revealed good! May you merit to build a binyan adei ad bi'yisrael, eternal home, with a strong foundation of Torah and Mitzvot.

        Words themselves can be very damaging. They can compel you to fulfill them even though you did not mean them seriously (Sichot Haran).

        II
        Speech is the medium through which we receive the flow of blessing (shefa); as it is written, ‘May [God] bless you according to what He has spoken of you’ (Deuteronomy 1:11) – that is, the flow of blessing corresponds to the speech. One who attains perfection in their power of speech receives abundant blessings by means of the vessels formed by their words” (Likkutei Moharan I, 34:3).

        Message 3 of 3 , May 26
          In the merit of this learning may Yisroel ben Chana be blessed with an immediate refuah shleima bitoch she'ar cholei yisrael.