Friday & Shabbat Parshat Re'eh

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2013
      In the merit of this learning may Elisha ben Yehudis and Gavriel ben Yehudis each be blessed with complete health, happiness, success, clarity, safety, and only revealed good.

      Friday
      When someone is suffering physically, financially, or emotionally they
      may become totally discouraged and broken. We have an obligation to open our
      hearts to such a person and to talk to them in a compassionate and empathetic
      manner. We must go out of our way to give them words of encouragement and
      support.

      Shabbat
      In this weeks parsha it discusses the help we are obligated to give someone who
      is needy "If there be among you a needy person... You shall not harden your
      heart nor shut your hand". The Ibn Ezra explains the command of not hardening
      our heart to mean that we shall not refrain from speaking kind words to their
      heart and cheering them up. Offering physical or financial support is not enough
      when someone is in pain.

      (Growth Through Torah by Rabbi Zelig Pliskin)

      Create a beautiful, holy and restful Shabbat!
      Shabbat Shalom!