Friday & Shabbat Parshat Pinchas

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 27, 2013
      In the merit of this learning may Elisha ben Yehudis and Gavriel ben Yehudis each be blessed with complete health, happiness, success, clarity, safety, and only revealed good.

      Friday -
      Even if someone does something wrong - as we are all do - when speaking about it it is important to stick to the pertinent facts and not to exaggerate the mistake or add to it. Even if there is a constructive and permissible reason to speak a negative truth not only shouldn't we exaggerate, we should point out the positive aspects of the person.

      Shabbat
      In this weeks Torah portion we see the daughters of Tzelafchad "speak properly" (27:7) by saying "Our father died in the wilderness, but he was not among the assembly that was gathering against Gd... but he died of his own sin" (Bamidbar 27:3). The daughters of Tzelafchad had to talk about their father's sin in order to get their portion of the land. However, at the same time, they praise him by mentioning that their father didn't rebel or take anyone down with him.

      (Finding the Right Words by Rosally Saltsman)

      Create a beautiful, holy, and peaceful Shabbat!

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 10, 2014
         In the merit of this learning may all of the soldiers of the IDF and the people of Israel be blessed with complete safety, health, and only revealed good. In the merit of this learning may Galya bat Yehudis be blessed with complete health, happiness, success, clarity and only revealed good.

        Friday -
        Even if someone does something wrong - as we are all liable to do - it is important to stick to the pertinent facts and not to exaggerate the sin or add to it. Even if there is a constructive and permissible reason to speak a negative truth not only shouldn't we exaggerate, we should point out the positive aspects of the person.