Friday & Shabbat Parshat Bamidbar

    Message 1 of 3 , May 9, 2013
      In the merit of this learning may Elisha ben Yehudis and Gavriel ben Yehudis each be blessed with complete safety, health, happiness, success, clarity and only revealed good.

      Each one of us has a role and purpose in life. Most of us have more than one role, sometimes simultaneously. In Parshat Bamidbar there is a list of roles. One goes to the army, another works in the mishkan, one is a leader, another labors. Each according to their mission, their destiny. If everyone does their job, everything works well. But if there are people who want to do a job that wasn't meant for them or refuse to do the job they were meant to do - or worse, to criticize others about how they are doing their jobs - things don't work the way they are supposed to.

      II
      It is true that there are people who try to avoid their jobs or don't do them properly. We must perform our duties properly, and when we see people who are not performing theirs the way the are supposed to, we need not to criticize them but to improve the way that we ourselves perform our duties. Also, it is preferable to give other people the benefit of the doubt and believe that they are performing to the best of their ability. Because they probably are.

      (Finding the Right Words by Rosally Saltsman)

      Create a beautiful, holy and restful Shabbat!