29 Iyar

    Message 1 of 5 , May 8, 2013
      This learning is dedicated li'iluy nishmat Raizel bat Yitzchak.

      Becoming an ethical speaker forces us to anticipate the inadvertent harm our words might cause.

      II - example
      Although praising a friend might seem like a laudable act, doing so in the presence of someone who dislikes him/her will probably do the friend's reputation more harm than good. Our words may well provoke his/her antagonist to voice the reason for their dislike, particularly if we leave soon after making our positive remark.

      (Words that Hurt Words that Heal by Joseph Telushkin)

      Create a wonderful day!