27 Iyar

    Message 1 of 4 , May 6, 2013
      This learning is dedicated l'iluy nishmat David Mendel ben Meshullam

      How much more interesting is it to chew over the fact that so-and-so was having an affair, was fired from their job for incompetence, has filed for bankruptcy or, less seriously, for that matter, tells very unfunny jokes and then laughs at them uproariously, than to discuss how good a spouse, how loyal an employee, how financially circumspect, how wonderful s/he may be.

      II
      "I can retract what I did not say, but I cannot retract what I have already said" (Solomon Ibn Gabirol, Pearls of Wisdom)

      (Words that Hurt Words that Heal by Joseph Telushkin)

      Create a wonderful day!