8 Iyar

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 17, 2013
      In the merit of this learning may Yitzchak ben Chana and Raphael Menachem Meir ben Raizel Aidel each be blessed with an immediate refuah shleima bitoch she'ar cholei yisrael.

      We need to be careful not to speak negatively about schools (in general) unless it is for a constructive purpose and all conditions are met. Often we speak about schools from our own very limited experiences and without thinking or doing it constructively. The ways we speak about a school can seriously shape its reputation and affect either negatively or positively the ways in which the community and individuals can benefit from it. It can change the ways in which the students going there respect the teachers and administration and thus their learning experience as a whole. It can change the ways in which teachers do their jobs, relate to their students, and feel about their positions.

      II - examples
      "The teachers at that school are not so experienced"
      "The bus service for that school is so unreliable"
      "The children in that school come from very troublesome backgrounds"
      "The parent body in that school isn't very good."

      (Purity of Speech by C.T. Friedman)