7 Iyar

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 16, 2013
      In the merit of this learning may Tamar bat Sara and Ora Perl bat Yehudis each be blessed with complete health, happiness, success, clarity and only revealed good.

      Exerting self-control over our speech is admirable. Even greater is the ability to truly respect and love every person, automatically eradicating the negative and losing the desire to share bad information about them.

      II
      The destructive power of negative speech is surpassed only by the beneficial power of positive speech. Praising and speaking positively about our fellows benefits ourselves, the person being praised and all of society.

      (Gossip and Slander, Chabad.org)

      Message 2 of 6 , May 6, 2014
        In the merit of this learning may Shoshana Gila bat Yehudis and Yocheved bat Miriam each be blessed with an immediate refuah shleima bitoch she'ar cholei yisrael.

        Some people think that while we are not allowed to speak negatively about individuals, it is okay to speak against a group (not for any constructive purpose). It is important to know that it is worse to speak against a group (Even without mentioning the names of the people in that group). When doing so we belittle a large number of individuals.

        II  - examples
        "The chasidim in that chassidus are so aggressive"
        "The men in that bungalo colony are so rowdy"
        "People from X are so snobby"

        (Purity of Speech by C.T. Friedman)

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 26
          In the merit of this learning may Rochel bat Rima, Hudel bat Sarah, and Daniel ben Ilana each be blessed with an immediate refuah shleima bitoch she'ar cholei yisrael.

          Negative comments we make about those who are absent is but one way we wound with words; we also often cruelly hurt those to whom we are speaking.

          II - Example
          Many of us, when enraged, grossly exaggerate the wrong done by the person who has provoked us. If the anger we express is disproportionate to the provocation (as often occurs when parents rage at children), it is unfair, often inflicts great hurt, and damage, and thus is unethical.

          (Words that Hurt Words that Heal by Joseph Telushkin)

          Create a wonderful day!