Friday & Shabbat Parshat Tetzaveh

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 22, 2013
      This learning is dedicated li'iluy the beautiful and special neshama of Perl bat Esther. May her neshama have an aliyah and may the good deeds of her special children continue to light up the world.

      This weeks parsha discusses how Aharon, the high priest, had bells on his clothes. Everyone knew when he was in the vicinity. There is a Jewish custom to announce your presence before entering a room; there are also conversations which shouldn't be suddenly interrupted - not only because it is not pleasant for the people conversing but because someone entering a conversation in the middle might misunderstand what is being spoken about, since they weren't there listening from the beginning.

      II
      Negative speech stems to a great extent from uncomfortable situations and overheard private conversations. Announcing our entrance to a room, a home, or a classroom prevents us from seeing things that aren't for our eyes or hearing things that aren't for our ears. Therefore, if like Aharon HaKohen we announce our presence, we not only avoid embarrassing and inappropriate situations, we approach Holiness.

      (Finding the Right Words by Rosally Saltsman)

      Create a beautiful, holy, and restful Shabbat
      Shabbat Shalom!