9 Adar

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 18, 2013
      In the merit of this learning may Ahron Melech Ben Frayda Baylya be blessed with complete health, happiness, and only revealed good.

      Stop. Think. Look both ways before you speak. Even what we think of as potentially positive speech can be negative and hurtful. The effects of our words are subjective and we have to think of how they will affect the person we are speaking to.

      II
      What's wrong with telling your stepsister that your mom visited? Perhaps your mother rarely visits her, and the truth may be hurtful. Be sensitive. Perhaps she feels left out. Jewish tradition recognizes that one should be very careful with all associations, but especially potential volatile family ties, such as everyone with "in-law" or "step" in their names.

      (Gossip by Lori Palatnik with Bob Burg)