8 Adar

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2013
      This learning is dedicated l'iluy nishmat Yeshaya Nosson ben Yaakov Hacohen.

      Referring to someone by an extreme description is another form of negative speech, lashon hara. Words like "very", "too", and "so" can change an innocent statement into a dangerous one. The one word shifts a comment from a innocent statement to a harsh negative criticism.

      II- examples
      "My sister is more to the quite side" - this would be okay.
      "My sister is too quiet" - this would not be.

      "My mother knows how to discipline" - this would be okay.
      "My mother is too strict" - this would not be.

      (Purity of Speech by C.T. Friedman)