15 Elul

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2012
      In the merit of this learning may Batsheva bat Sara and Rafael Uri ben Tamar be blessed with complete health, happiness, and only revealed good.

      If someone has told you private information about themselves, be really careful not to reveal it to others. Revealing that information in the presence of the person who does not want it revealed will cause them to suffer and is therefore considered ona'at devarim.

      II - example
      Someone may have told you that they have an illness but do not want others to know about it. It is obvious that you shouldn't discuss this in front of others. But  to ask them questions about the illness when others are around, even without explicitly saying what the illness is, is distressing. Although your intention might be positive, you are concerned with their welfare, be sensitive to the person's wishes to keep this information private.

      (The Power of Words by Rabbi Zelig Pliskin)

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 20, 2013
        In the merit of this learning may Zahava bat Juliet and Penina bat Chaya Ettel be blessed with an immediate refuah shleima bitoch she'ar cholei yisrael.

        People's facial expressions bear signs. "I'm tired, "I'm annoyed," "I'm interested". Those signs serve as warnings to others, lettingthem know where danger may lie and advising them to take proper precautions. A face that says "I'm exhausted' is telling others not to choose this moment to barrage the person with demands or questions. A face that says "I'm angry," tells others not to push the issue further at the moment.

        II
        But what good does a sign do if one doesn't read it or, worse yet, if one intentionally defies the warning? A person who pays no attention to the cues others provide is someone who often finds themselves on the receiving end of angry responses. In their mind they've done nothing wrong "I just asked a simple question and she exploded!" But in reality, the person ignored the others unspoken request - signified by the look on their face, their posture, and perhaps the circumstances all around - to stand clear.

        (Positive Word Power by the Chafetz Chaim Heritage Foundation)