17132 Av

    Jul 28, 2014
      In the merit of this learning may all of the soldiers of the IDF and the people of Israel be blessed with complete safety, health, and only revealed good. May Yocheved bat Miriam and all of the injured soldiers and civilians be blessed with an immediate refuah shleima bitoch she'ar cholei yisrael.

      The value of learning to listen to the advice of people who are more experienced is an inestimable asset. Instilling it in others is a worthy goal of a parent, teacher or friend. A poorly timed "I told you so" is not, however, the way to nurture this trait.

      II
      Rather, one could bring out the idea in other ways. One could ask, at some time down the road, when theissue is no longer painful, "I wonder if this could have been avoided. What do you think? Or when a similar situation arises, one could suggest that the person try a different strategy.

      (Poitive Word Power by the Chafetz Chaim Heritage Foundation)