17121 Av

    Jul 27, 2014
      In the merit of this learning may all of the soldiers of the IDF and the people of Israel be blessed with complete safety, health, and only revealed good. May Rivka Zahava bat Riva Chana, Yocheved bat Miriam, and all of the injured soldiers and civilians be blessed with an immediate refuah shleima bitoch she'ar cholei yisrael.

      Parents and teachers sometimes express the thought "I told you so" because they hope that in doing so they will create a "teaching moment" that will impress the child or student with the need to be more attentive to advice in the future. When the person is raw and hurting, they may be more open to learning the lesson. Does it work???

      II
      Showing a lack of empathy toward people very rarely sparks them into self-improvement. Instead, it gradually diminishes the list of people from whom an individual feels they can  find support in times of need.Those who respond with "I told you so" are those who appear to care nothing about their pain or difficulty.They appear to lack of love or sincere regard for the person. Eventually this serves to cut off sincere communication. Encourage people by helping them focus on their strengths. Most of us have strengths we don't always use. By using them, our entire life will be lived on a higher plane.

      (Positive Word Power by the Chafetz Chaim Heritage Foundation)