171129 Tammuz

    Jul 26, 2014
      In the merit of this learning may all of the soldiers of the IDF and the people of Israel be blessed with complete safety, health, and only revealed good. May Yocheved bat Miriam, and all of the injured soldiers and civilians be blessed with an immediate refuah shleima bitoch she'ar cholei yisrael.

      When we make an insulting comment to a parent about their child, we cause the parent pain, embarrassment,  and shape the way they see their child. This is ona'at devarim. We need to be careful not to needlessly make negative remarks about a child to a parent without constructive intention.

      II - examples
      "Your son is spoiled. That's what is wrong with him." (failing to recognize the complexity of that child's personality."
      "Your children all do so poorly in school. They are not too bright."
      "Your kid is so hyper! Why won't he calm down?"
      "Your child is so selfish and never shares with other kids."

      (The Power of Words by Rabbi Zelig Pliskin)