170724 Tammuz

    Jul 21, 2014
      In the merit of this learning may all of the soldiers of the IDF and the people of Israel be blessed with complete safety, health, and only revealed good. May all of the injured soldiers and civilians be blessed with an immediate refuah shleima bitoch she'ar cholei yisrael.

      If you want to play the role of enhancing other people's lives, there is no sense in relating to them the negatives we see in other people, places, activities and things they love. Rather than laying a coat of tarnish upon someones treasures, we can admire it with themTheirs may well be the truer view.

      II
      For most people, their choice of profession and their standing within that profession are major components of their self-image. It is painful (ona'at devarim) to belittle someone's profession or otherwise cast aspersions on it; for instance that saying that lawyers are dishonest, business people are cold hearted or other stereotypical comments. Expressing doubt about a person's competence in their chosen field is also a form of ona'at devarim

      (Positive Word Power by the CCHF)