170623 Tammuz

    Jul 20, 2014
      In the merit of this learning may all of the soldiers of the IDF and the people of Israel be blessed with complete safety, health, and only revealed good. May all of the injured soldiers and civilians be blessed with an immediate refuah shleima bitoch she'ar cholei yisrael.

      A person who considers themselves a good pianist may be terribly wounded by a comment as benign as "your style is classical. I have to admit, I never much cared for classical music." The pianist identifies himself closely with his music and hearing that it is displeasing to someone else produces pain and embarrassment for him.

      II
      This is also true of people's prize possessions. Telling someone that their treasured antique Gemara is just plain old and probably not worth much, or that their fabulous new car or computer didn't rate well in Consumer reports serves no purpose other than to detract from the joy the owner takes in their possession.

      (Positive Word Power by the Chafetz Chaim Heritage Foundation)