170117 Tammuz

    Jul 14, 2014
      In the merit of this learning may Yocheved bat Miriam and Chana bat Bracha each be blessed with an immediate refuah shleima bitoch she'ar cholei yisrael.

      A comment which portrays ones parents or other family members in a negative light is considered lashon hara. Many people feel anger, resentment or frustration at their parents for their shortcomings and may genuinely need to speak about it. If so, contacting a professional or constructive confident who can support you in a positive way is the best option. Blaming them to other people (including others in the family) will just spread negativity.

      II - Examples
      "Do you know why I suffer from low self esteem? Because my mother always put me down."
      "I can't move into my parent's home with my family. My parents get so annoyed when my kids make the slightest noise."

      (Purity of Speech by C.T. Friedman)