1686Friday & Shabbat Parshat Chukat

    Jun 26, 2014
      In the merit of this learning may Yaakov Naftali ben Rachel Devorah, Gil-ad Michael ben Bat Galim, and Eyal ben Iris Teshura be returned immediately home safely and in health to their families.
      In the merit of this learning may Galya bat Yehudis be blessed with complete health, happiness, success, clarity, and only revealed good.

      Friday
      In this weeks Torah portion we see that after Miriam dies the people once again come to unburden themselves and attack Moshe. 1. The timing is very bad. Moshe and Aharon have just lost their sister. 2. The people want water, yet they preface their need with other complains so that one comment of lashon hara becomes a whole barrage of it so that even a justifiable complaint gets lost. 3. The people blame Moshe that they didn't go into the land of Israel despite the fact that it is their own fault for accepting the negative feedback of the spies about the land.

      Shabbat
      When we speak with someone, it is important to pay attention to what kind of mood the person is in and whether they can properly listen to what we have to say. We shouldn't add insult to injury. We also have to see where our own responsibility lies in our complaint. Maybe we've done something to warrant the other person's behavior. If we do voice what we consider a valid complaint, there is no need to accompany it with the vilification of every other thing that has occurred in the past.

      (Finding the Right Words by RosallySaltsman)

      Create a beautiful, holy, and peaceful Shabbat!