158418 Adar

    Feb 17, 2014
      In the merit of this learning may Yocheved bat Miriam and Moshe ben Sara each be blessed with an immediate refuah shleima bitoch she'ar cholei yisrael.

      One of the reasons many good people often use words irresponsibly is that they regard the injuries inflicted by words as intangible and, therefore minimize the damage it can inflict. We all know however that the quote "sticks and stones may
      break my bones but words can never hurt me" is completely untrue.

      II
      Some of the worst pain we have all suffered has come from words used cruelly - from ego-destroying criticism, excessive anger, sarcasm, public and private humiliation, hurtful nicknames, betrayal of secrets, rumors, and malicious gossip. Yet wounded, many of us can knowingly or unknowingly do this to others as well.

      ( Words that Hurt Words that Heal by Joseph Telushkin)