156121 Shevat

    Jan 22, 2014
      In the merit of this learning may Ezra ben Frummit  be blessed with an immediate refuah shleima bitoch she'ar cholei yisrael.

      Effects of listening to negative speech:
      True story:

      Janis was looking for the right guy for years, and was finally fixed up with Kevin, a man who she thought might be "the one." They had gone out a few times and things were moving in a positive direction. One day she was out shopping and ran into Linda, a young woman who she knew. They exchanged pleasantries, and then Linda mentioned that she knew Janis was dating Kevin and said "I know this is none of my business (that should have tipped off Janis right there) but I know Kevin and he is not for you." And with that she parted.

      II
      Janis was shaken, and the next few dates with Kevin did not go well. She couldn't help but put a negative spin on almost everything Kevin did and said. Kevin, who had thought things were going well, was now completely confused. Janis had seemed so open and nice, and now it seemed he was dating a prosecuting attorney. He found himself always having to defend himself. Eventually he just broke it off. It wasn't until years later that Janis found out that Linda, who had offered her unsolicited advice, had once dated Kevin. Seems she was heartbroken when it didn't last.

      (Gossip by Lori Palatnik with Bob Burg)