most prominent summit completely below sea level

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 21, 2014
      Recent Death Valley journey has me wonder
      about the most prominent mountain that lies
      completely below sea level - on a continent.

      Do we know its identity and parameters?

      Else, an extensive Winprom-based analysis
      of the Dead Sea region might be required.

         Adam H.

    • Grant Myers
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 21, 2014
         Another perhaps interesting twist to such a search would be the most prominent
        mountain whose prominence exceeds its elevation. This of course requires a 'Noah's' saddle
        below sea level. Given that the search would include the Dead Sea, the term 'Noah's saddle does seem appropriate here;)

        Grant Myers